An Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) is a flexible connectivity infrastructure for integrating applications and services.
The Enterprise Service Bus(ESB) can help you achieve the goal of SOA. It is flexible connectivity infrastructure for integrating applications and services. It is at the heart of an SOA powering it by reducing the number, size, and complexity of interfaces.
An ESB powers your SOA by reducing the size, number and complexity of interface.
An ESB will performs the following things between requestor and service
1) ROUTING the messages between services
2) CONVERTING the transport protocols between requestor and service
3) TRANSFORMING the message formats between requestor and service
4) HANDLING the business events from disparate sources
The Enterprise Service sgfservices Bus allows us focus on our core business.
The following Advantages
1) Add new services faster
2) Change services with minimal impact to existing services
The following two requirements for an Enterprise Service BUS
a) If all your applications confirm to Web Service standards then all you may require is an ESB focused on standards based service integration.
b) If not all your applications conform to the web services standards then you may require a more advanced ESB focused on the integration of services with existing non-services assets.
The four points i would like to highlight the products
1) Provides Web services connectivity, JMS Messaging and service oriented integration, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus delivers smart integration to connect your assets through service oriented interface.
2) Ease of use. The tools are easy to use and require minimal programming skills. You don’t have to know Java in order to use this tool it is integrated, interactive and provides a visual development experience. Mediation is simply the term used to describe the in-flight processing of information. It is simple to develop, build, test, deploy and manage services components. Easy to understand samples are also included.
3) Improved time to value. This cost effective solution has support for over hundreds of ISV solution such as SAP, Siebel, peoplesoft, JD Edwards, and Oracle. Save time and development costs by utilizing prebuilt mediations such as XML transformation, content based routing and message logging.
4) Seamless integration with the Websphere platform-unlike some of our competition, we have the ability to easily move up the stack to solve more complex business problems with process server, which is built on WebSphere ESB. So you can easily extend to leverage WebSphere Process Server as needs dictate. WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus is built on the WebSphere Application Server; A world -class J2EE foundation providing industry -leading levels of availability, scalability and performance.